Sunday, May 2, 2010

Its been a while...

So, due to the fact that I was crazy busy last semester, taking 18 credits and being an overall busy person I did not post on here, and now several of my friends have been starting blogs, so I guess I'm going to jump back on the bandwagon and start blogging again. Hopefully it will be weekly updates, I'll see what happens.

I'll start with mentioning my adventure of getting to Iowa two weeks ago to visit Edwin, Jennifer and their kids. I hadn't seen them since before my mission. It was quite the event getting there. My plane was supposed to leave Idaho Falls at 7:40, but ended up not leaving until 9:30! The plane hit a bird when it was coming in the night before and needed to be checked out. Luckily everything checked out on the plane and we were able to leave. I found a friend in the airport to talk to. She had been going to BYU-I and was on her way home. She had missed her connecting flight in Denver already, and I was close to missing mine. It was supposed to leave at 11:00 and my plane would barely be pulling in to the airport then. I somehow managed to bolt through the airport and board my plane about 1 minute before they closed the doors and started prepping for takeoff. I arrived safely there though! Other than that it was smooth sailing getting there. Somehow my luggage even made it on the same plane I was on. I don't know how that worked, but it was very nice.

Well, thats it for right now. Now I'm going to go and play risk with my little brother and our exchange student. So until next week... this is all.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

WOW!!! I am shocked. You finally updated your blog. Looking forward to reading weekly posts. Hopefully I can get caught up and start doing the same.

Susan said...

I didn't know that you had such an adventure just getting to Iowa, glad you made it safely and had a good visit.