Friday, June 11, 2010

Dam Marathon!



Well, its been a little while since I'veposted so I'll do a quick update. While working on the ranch I had an accident starting a chainsaw which resulted in a bruised knee. Which happened to throw a big monkey wrench into my training plans for the half marathon. I would run on it and after about two miles it would hurt too much to keep going. This week it finally has started to feel better which is good because its race day tomorrow! I'm excited/nervous for it because I haven't been able to run much for training. I picked up my packet for it today though and am looking forward to giving it my best tomorrow morning. This week I bought a knee brace to wear and wore it while running/hiking up a mountain on tuesday morning. It felt good going up, but hurt a little coming down. That day I then worked 12 hours digging post holes and putting up a rail fence and mowing all of the lawns on both the boys and girls ranch. Then after allof this we decided to go climbing that day as well, and still went climbing. It was great. I onsited a 5.7 route leading for the first time after my mission on my brand new quickdraws. It was a really fun day. I was real sore the next morning though. My knee didn't hurt though, so thats a good sign.

Thursday on the way home Matt and I also decided to stop and climb at paramount rock on the way home. It was fun and I lead a 5.8 that I had never climbed before. I also went to instit
ute and really enjoyed that.

Well, wish me luck on my race tomorrow. I hope that my knee lets me run the race alright. It will be pretty interesting running it. I'll update how it went some time soon
.

No comments: