Sunday, July 29, 2007

Cliff Jumping, boating, climbing, caving, oh and some shopping too



My weeks are just getting and staying busier and busier, this week I worked up in yellowstone monday through wednesday. had my stake president interview wednesday night for my temple recommend. Its going to be an awe inspiring thing, going through the temple next wednesday. something I knew I would always do, but something that I thought would always be in the future, and now its finally here. I guess I'm growing up, whether It feels like it or not.

Thursday I went shopping for some more stuff for my mission. I went and bought another pair of slacks, some white shirts, and a really cool tie. I also bought some sheets, and stuff for my first aid kit, and things like that. Then I went to mission prep that night, and then spent the night at Brents house.

My roommate Devin Burns came up this weekend, we were going to go camping and hike mount borah on Friday, but the weather over there was rain, and thunderstorms, not weather conducive to hiking to the top of a mountain at 12,600 feet. So instead, we mowed Brent's lawn, to help his mom out, and then we went rock climbing and cliff jumping at the Ririe reservoir. It was pretty fun, then when we were leaving there, my friend Breck Duffin called and invited us to go boating, so we ended up going boating for 4 hours at Gem lake. It was pretty fun, I tried wakeboarding, but couldn't get up, so I water skied instead. We also went tubing, which was a lot of fun. I got sunburned on my legs, and Brent put sunscreen on my back, and purposefully tried to leave a blank spot in the shape of a smiley face on my back, he didn't make a smiley, but I do have three fairly big red spots on my back! After we got back from boating, we ate dinner, showered, and then went to the drive in and watched Harry Potter 5. Quite a rough day, seeing as how we couldn't go and hike Borah like we wanted to!

Saturday, I wasn't feeling so good (I've had a cold all week) or we would have gone climbing again that morning. Instead, we went to a store called hidden treasures, here in shelley, and bought some ties for our missions. Then I gave Devin one of my suits that I bought at the thrift store, because he only needs a suit for while he's traveling to his mission. He's going to sierra leone Africa. He's going to the MTC in Ghana. Then after that, I told some friends that I'd take them to the ice caves up by rexburg, so I took them up there and showed them how cool they were, we also drove a little farther up the road and found some bigger ice caves, that had about one or two feet of water on top of the ice, so we had to be careful not to get soaked in the cave.
after we were done we went to wendy's and got frosty's and some food. it was pretty good. then I came home and read in harry potter 7 for the rest of the night. A very full weekend yet again.

Brent can walk on water!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I want to be one of your friends! You are the best outdoorsman ever!